Bathroom is now a Sprite!!

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Bathroom is now a Sprite!!
From: Jason Urban <jurban@pond.com>
Date: Mon, 04 May 1998 09:56:08 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
WOW!!!!!!

What a difference a new set of carpets makes!  We got out all those old
bathroom carpets and put in a fresh set.

The kit was a gift from my parents from 2 years ago.  Back then I'm sure I
checked for missing pieces, but the two wheel arch pieces were missing.
Since I am doing the floors in a year or 2, we also decided to make new
pieces for under the seats.  A quick trip to Pep Boys found us a 9x12 roll
of cheap black carpet for temporary use.  Using the good set as templates,
Holly cut new pieces for under the seats, while I made up pieces for over
the rear wheel arches.  Probably going to cut a piece to temporarily lay in
the trunk, too.

To tack in the carpets, we tried heavy duty carpet tape.  This seemed to
work since I only wanted make this last a year or 2, so we'll see how that
works.  We didn't use any clips for the job since most of the floor knobs
were gone.  The whole job took about 4 hours on Saturday - it was the first
time either of us had done anything like this.

So now the seats, which looked good compared to the bathroom carpets, need
some work too.  But now this car looks A LOT better than before.

Too bad we can't make it to Sprite Rush to show it off!
Jason.

|    Jason Urban - Apogee Labs  215-699-2060     |
|             CrackerArtsStudio                  |
|     http://www.dynanet.com/~crackerarts        |
|  '95 Z/28 6spd  '65&'67 Austin-Healey Sprites  |