Another horn question

To: Spridget list <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Another horn question
From: Packy Coleman <deadboy@hooked.net>
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 20:38:49 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Robert Weeks' recent post about his horn push reminded me about some
questions I have about the horn system on my own '67 Sprite.  At some point
the PO must have decided that the safety of a horn made life too dull and
ripped the whole thing out of the car.  At this point ALL I have on my
steering wheel is a purple wire sticking up through the center of the
mounting nut.  So my questions are these: as I've never been fortunate
enough to see the actual assembly for the horn system, what parts should be
there?; how do they go together?; and can anybody recommend a good source
for the parts?

Where I live I'm surrounded by preoccupied yuppies in their obese SUVs with
a latte in one hand and a cell phone in the other. With all this going on
they have little time to check their side view mirrors for LBCs as they
drift across lanes. I'm rather nervous about getting this car back on the
road without getting at least some basic means of protection.  God knows in
the past I've had to do some quick maneuvers to avoid a wayward urban
assault vehicle or two!

Anyway, any help that anyone could give me on this matter is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

                                                        Packy