cooling system

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: cooling system
From: Steve Hombach <shombach@ee.net>
Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 21:24:26 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Couple of questions for the group:

1.      Pulled the water pump on my 1275 powered bugeye to see if the impeller
was binding since I consistantly run 190 plus (with a 165 thermostat).  All
was fine, but noticed the impeller blades are like bent metal tabs and are
even with the end of the shaft.  Have seen other blades that are tabs but
which go further back into the block.  Still others that are solid metal
scoops.  Is there any advantage of one type over the other?  If so, what
and why?

2.      Has anyone ever replaced the packing in the brass heater shut-off valve?
 Mine leaks around the shaft when the heat is turned on and valve is fully
open.  Does not leak with the valve fully closed.  Any info on materials
and methods would be appreciated.

3.      For a friend who needs to sell one - does autox.team.net have a mercedes
group - or does any one else.

Thanks for the assist

Steve
AN5L26696