Lost Oil Cap and Gas pedal question

To: Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Lost Oil Cap and Gas pedal question
From: Mymgmidget <Mymgmidget@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 15:41:03 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Stupidity has set in.......
Just put on the new Aluminum valve cover.  Admired how it looked, closed the
hood, took it for a spin, and realized I never put on the cap. It was sitting
on the fender panel inside. Nowhere to be found now  :-(.  Does anyone have a
cap to fit it ???
I'm also looking for a gas pedal (the whole pedal).  Long legs and long rides
aren't making me feel too comfortable!!  Gas pedal leg only.  I was thinking
of shortening the pedal by cutting off the actual pedal face and welding it
directly onto the pedal shaft.  Has anyone else done this ???

Its a 78 RB Midget
Thanks,
Mike