RE: poor guy with a 1275...

To: "'J. Adrian Barnes'" <adrian@icx.net>
Subject: RE: poor guy with a 1275...
From: Bert Kleinschmidt <kleinschmidt@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 00:38:41 -0700
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>, "'h7dylan@aol.com'" <h7dylan@aol.com>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
The first thing I would check is that the plug wires are routed to the correct
cylinders.  The firing order of the engine is 1, 3, 4, 2, so the wires plug in
"out of order" around the distributor.  Once I was sure the ignition was
correct with the distributor actually pointing to the #1 cylinder during its
compression stroke, the next thing I would check is that the valve lash is
adjusted correctly.

Then I would check that the valve timing (the timing relationship between the
cam shaft and the crankshaft) is correct.  If you put a modified cam in the
engine you may have to set it up by measuring the valve lift rather than just
aligning the marks on the sprockets.

Hope this helps,
Bert Kleinschmidt.