Re: '76 Midget Brakes - not fully "releasing"

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: '76 Midget Brakes - not fully "releasing"
From: "Matt Liggett" <mliggett-receive-spridgets@elise.kiva.net>
Date: 15 May 1998 18:43:01 -0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
cfiddes@direct.ca wrote:
> Cracked the bleed nipple and got squirted, so I don't think I'm dealing
> with poor bleeding technique; brake pedal is solid and engages early in
> its travel.  It's got to be at the caliper, right?

It could be the rubber hose that connects to the caliper.  If it's gotten
swollen and has an effectively smaller ID, it won't release very quickly.
If they are very old, they should be replaced anyway as a safety
precaution.

Good luck,
--
<mml@pobox.com>                                              Matt Liggett