Re: seat diaphragm vs. straps

To: amesfolks@snovalley.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: seat diaphragm vs. straps
From: LRuggi2635 <LRuggi2635@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 16:08:55 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Barry, you should be able to replace the seat webbing directly with new
assemblies.  That wire is a U-shaped piece that the rubber straps wrap around
before being sewn to themselves.  In the middle of the wrapped portion is a
hook, which pops through a hole in the middle of the strap wrap.  This in turn
hooks into corresponding holes in your seat frame.  I'd try Moss, as I had bad
luck with another vendor's interpretation of the correct size of the U-shaped
wire (too wide), but Moss's was correct (for my 'B).  The strapping stretches
out pretty good over time (hence that sagging feeling) and is worth replacing.

Larry Ruggiero
'72 MGB
'65 Sprite