Re: Suspension

To: Russell Penney <rpenney@cyberspace.net.au>
Subject: Re: Suspension
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 19:09:44 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

Russell Penney wrote:

> Should I use rubber or one of the newer materials for the bushes?
> The front end stuff, is it something I should get done professionally? I am
> not totally incompetent but I am wary of the amount of things I could get
> wrong!
>
> Russell
> 1965 MKIIIA Sprite
> Melbourne, Australia

Russell,

If your car is jumpy now, stay away from urethane bushings, it will out jump you
kangaroos down there with urethane.
I know, I did it and switched back to rubber.
Urethane does not give so the car just hops and jumps.
Rubber gives a bit to cushin the ride. (not that it will ever be a Mercedes)

Good luck

Frank Clarici                         Toms River, NJ
Too many LBCs
3 Sprites, an Austin A40, and an Austin Mini all on the road.
1 Jaguar XJ6 family car,  1 Racer Midget project , &  2 Parts Spridgets
Check out my home page at           http://www.exit109.com/~spritenut