Re: Tacho cable

To: b-evans@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Tacho cable
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 21:30:03 -0400
Cc: Jim Rowan <jimrowan@uic.edu>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

b-evans@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> Of course it was "Made in UK"!  That's Upper Korea!
>
> Bob

And If you peel the UK (upper Korea) sticker off it says "Made in China"

Did you see the latest Triple C Motoring flyer? Something about bullet mirrors
made in Great Britian
and weighing twice as much as the $5 cheaper "far east mirrors"
I liked that. I'm am so sick of changinging things on a total restoration that
is just 2 years old.
All the rubber has been or needs to be replaced, tonight I changes the exhaust
hanger, the one I took off that has been under the car since 1972, was in better
shape then the "new" one. And my brother said, how old are the tail lamp rubber
gaskets? they need to be replaced, they are all of 2 years old, I am glad I
saved the 40 year old originals, they are better then new now.
Moss quality chrome that peels off the bumper when you hit it with a hose,
grilles that rust while you look at them, mirrors that pit in a month, rubber
that evaporates or what ever, it just goes away!
Hand brake cables that stretch like a bungee cord in a year.

Bob see what you did? You got me started again.

--
Frank Clarici                         Toms River, NJ
Too many LBCs