RE: POR 15 question

To: "'Robert Houston'" <transerv@sprynet.com>, "'Valentine'" <valntine@postoffice.ptd.net>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: POR 15 question
From: "Gambony, Jim" <jim.gambony@eds.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 17:37:15 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Robert,

Actually it's much better than regular paint for "flexing".  I've painted
some of the thin sheet metal pieces for my Spitfire, and you can do
everything short of bend the metal in half without cracking the coating.

There are two problems that I know of.  First, the regular POR-15 product is
UV sensitive (it'll fade in direct sunlight), not usually a problem for
suspension components ;-).

Secondly, you have to be careful not to get too much on or you'll have runs
that you can't remove easily.

Ok, there is a third problem.  If you do mess up... it's darn hard to
remove!

Jim