Re: exhaust manifold studs

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, howarth@pulsenet.com
Subject: Re: exhaust manifold studs
From: "Peter Samaroo" <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 08:09:35 PDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
If you are talking about the exhaust manifild to downpipe studs be
thankfull they are not broken already more than half of the ones I come
across have been drilled out and nuts and bolts used to connect the two.
You can try lots of heat, lots of liquid wrench, repeat until the gas
runs out and the liquid wrench is empty. Putting two nuts on the stud
and tighten them together and try taking out the stud that way (breaks
off half the time). Someone once mentioned soaking them in coke for a
few days I have not tried that yet but who knows.