Re: wiper question

To: "Evangelos G. Makris" <emakris@hol.gr>
Subject: Re: wiper question
From: Pete & Caroline Phillips <phillipp@cfw.com>
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 12:51:50 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Evangelos G. Makris wrote:

> My car is LHD and has the square wiper motor and two wipers.
>
> The wipers move ok (not lazily at all) but they only go
> from their 9 o'clock (resting) position to the
> 12 o'clock one (up to vertical), no further!
>
> So, they leave some important areas on the windscreen unwiped.
>
> Shouldn't they go up to, say, a 2 o'clock position?
>
> What could be the problem here? Brushes? Link? Wheelboxes?
>
> Regards
> Evangelos
> 66 Sprite Mk3

You should be able to adjust the wipper location by losening the screws
on the top of the wipper motor and rotating the round plate with the
wire attached at the top. This controls where the wippers start and
stop. The wippers should park facing the passenger side of the car. If
they don't someone may have put the arms on backwards.

Pete Phillips
61 Bugeye