front brake lines

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: front brake lines
From: toadhall@vonl.com (Kurt Guerdrum)
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 20:14:16 +0000
hope someone out there can help me.  I've managed to break both of
my front brake lines on my bugeye (long embarrassing story about
my ham-handed mechanical ability that I'd rather not go into in depth)
Anyway, I ordered new brake lines from vicky brit and discovered that
the fittings already on them weren't correct (male at both ends)
plus, i can't seem to find a pipe-bending tool small enough to make
all the proper size loops in the line.  Wanted to cut off one end
put on the correct female fitting, and flare it.  but I can't locate
anybody who knows what a flaring tool is (myself included).  I am
at the point where i just want to pay somebody to do the job for me,
but when they see me coming, mechanics and auto parts clerks run the
other way.  no one seems to know anything about this arcane art of
making up brake lines with bubble flares.
i live near Houston Intercontinental Airport, and can't believe there
is nobody around here who can do the job or give me what i need to do
it.  Anybody out there that can give me some guidance?? I am willing to
go "out of state" if necessary.  Thanks in advance for any help.
Kurt
60 Bugeye - "Mr. Toad"