Re: Front Wire hub grease cap?

To: "Brian L. Chaffins" <bchaffin@shutter.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Front Wire hub grease cap?
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 17:56:11 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi, Brian!
You can make your own tool to remove the cap.  Get a coupling nut with
threads to match the cap stud threads (don't know what the thread size is,
but I'm sure someone else will) and turn it on to the cap stud.   Screw a
length of all-thread (or a long bolt with the head cut off) into the other
end of the nut.  Slip a washer over the all-thread that is large enough to
span the diameter of the hub.   Put a nut on the all-thread and turn it
down snug against the washer.  Now, with a wrench, you can turn the nut and
it will pull the cap out.

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC USA
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool
than to speak, and remove all doubt"  -- Mark Twain