Re: Fulcrum Pin Nuts/Philosophy

To: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Subject: Re: Fulcrum Pin Nuts/Philosophy
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 1998 22:14:16 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

Philip Hubbard wrote:

> Another great round of posts from the list and one I know I'll be acting on
> - buy a nut splitter.  As I go on working on this beauty, how many more
> stripped nuts will I encounter?  I wager many.
>
> Now to philosophy.  Ulix pointed out something dead on which I actually was
> saying to my wife earlier this eve.  A lot of my earlier frustration was of
> my own doing.  I put extra pressure on myself by saying that I'd get the
> whole suspension done today or at least by tomorrow.  I thought it was
> possible and I'm so anxious to drive, the weather was pretty decent top
> down stuff today.
>
> But that's the wrong way to go about it I'm learning.  Since I don't know
> what folks who've been doing this for years do, it's going to take me
> longer to get things done.  What Frank can probably do in 2 hours will
> likely take me all day (if I'm lucky).  Well, so what?  Then I'll have done
> it and learned something.  Next time it will take me an hour less, next
> time again another hour or so off the time.  I gots to chill out.  :)
>
> So, thanks to all for helpful advice =and= for letting me vent earlier.
> Maybe at 37 I'm maturing?   ......  Nah!  :)
>
> Still loving the '74.
>
> Philip
> Burgundy 1974 Midget

Phil

As long as you own a nut splitter you will never need it again.
I bought and used mine ONE time. (Murphy's Law)

Yes speed does come with practice, I have owned 40 Sprites and/or Midgets and
better then 10 other British cars. It takes me forever to work on my Jaguar
because everthing is my first time on the beast. The alternator belt sqeeks on
the Jag and for 2 years now I've been looking for the alternator!
I know it has one, the book says so, but I have yet to find it! So it still
sqeeks. If you can not see the alternator how do they expect you to get a wrench
in there?
As far as being 37 and maturing, you are right, I'm 43 and have not matured yet.

Not as long as I still play with all my little toys. (Sprites)

--
Frank Clarici                         Toms River, NJ
Too many LBCs