Nut Splitter Usage

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Nut Splitter Usage
From: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 1998 10:56:10 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Ok, I'm in to take a break from nut splitting.  :)  Recent work has made me
realize the value of not just keeping at it until I scream.  Tinker here,
rest, tinker there, rest.  It seems to be a workable formula.  :)

So, my question of the hour is how to use this nut splitter.  I've got one
side of the nut =almost= split.  No piece of cake is this splitting job,
eh?  Splitter keeps slipping off, etc.  I finally wedged a hammer head in
between the nut I'm splitting and one of the beams from the frame.  That
seemed to keep the splitter in place.

Once I get one side of the nut split, what is my next step?  Will I be able
to remove the nut at this point or do I need to turn the nut around and
split the other side?  I'm hoping no since that is double the work.  <chuckle>

Thanks for the advice.

Philip
Burgundy 1974 Midget