Re: Fulcrum Pin Progress

To: "Philip Hubbard" <phubbard@carroll.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Fulcrum Pin Progress
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 1998 22:05:47 -0400
Cc: "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On 6/6/98 1:51 PM so and so  Philip Hubbard said. (And I quote)

Sorry Bang on it for all your worth and get a new one from Moss or VB or
somebody. It is, in the long run a far better way to go. Both for ease of
refit and safety. Besides the thing is probably so worn or rusted you
couldn't use it any way. Take it from some one who has done this on 2
different Midgets.
Sorry

>Is it worth trying not to mess the fulcrum pin up anymore.  The threads
>look pretty good for the most part and I was hoping that if I don't mess it
>up any further that I could take it to get rethreaded once I got it off the
>car.  If that is just a vain hope, I could bang on it all day not worrying
>if I caused further damage.  That ought to help get it off.  :)  Another
>thought.  Do they make small hand held rethreaders?  If so, I could
>rethread the beginning of the bolt while still on the car, thread an old
>(non-split) nut on enough to protect the bolt and then bang on it with the
>hammer.  The bummer is that if I don't get it out without ruining it, I'll
>have to put the whole job off until I get a new fulcrum pin as I doubt
>very, very much that I can find one locally.  I'd rather not do that
>because the car is out in the driveway and I'd much rather be leaving it in
>the garage at night.

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?