"The British are Coming !!!" A special thank-you

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
To: pkrum@worldnet.att.net
To: karzyks@ix.netcom.com
To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: "The British are Coming !!!" A special thank-you
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 17:35:02 -0500 (CDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Just want to thank all who ignored the weather reports and ventured to
Long Island for our 5th annual event. We had representatives from
Connecticut, New Jersey, Delaware and Maine at today's event. List
notables were Mike Robson, Richard Boris and Gene Fox. Gene drove away
with 1st in the MGBGT class as well as "best engine" and "best paint"
awards. Adam (my son) got his "most improved" award and was navigator
in the car with the best time in the Funkhana. I just happened to be
the owner and driver of that very same car.  Those of you who were
scared away by the weather reports missed a very fine day full of
fantastic cars. There was a heavy mist for approx. one hour but the was
the extent of the bad weather situation.

Next year's event will be held on Saturday the 12th and Sunday the
13th of June. It will be in cooperation with North American MGB
Register as there North East Regional Convention. Saturday will feature
a fun rally suitable for beginners and experienced ralliest alike.
Saturday evening will have us chowing down on BBQ and will have hotel
accommodations available, at special rates, for our out of town
friends. Sunday will have our 6th Annual Car Show/Funkhana/Swap Meet
extravaganza. More details available as arrangements are solidified.

Lastly I wish to thank all who were responsible for my 3rd place award
in the rubber bumper class today.

Safety Fast,
David Deutsch