Re: 3 new articles that may be of interest

To: "Matt Liggett" <mliggett-receive-spridgets@elise.kiva.net>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: 3 new articles that may be of interest
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 09:21:26 +1000
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
While I was on the Lactos Rally back in February, I spoke to a guy who used
to own one of these cars. From his descriptions I'd say that yes the overall
performance is similar to a hot-road 1275 *but* it was very tractable and
smooth.

The guy was saying that with some of the go-fast bits for the climax the car
was
a real giant killer. He destroyed a few gearboxes with the souped up motor
(which
is why he sold the car). He now regrets he didn't put a factory sc/cr
gearset in the
box...

It is hard to tell without any first hand experience, but from his
description the
performance with the go-fast bits was about the same as a full-race motor
but without giving up tractability. Passing years may have taken a toll on
accuracy
though.

I tried to track that car (he sold it to a person in Melbourne, but I had no
luck.)

Mike