Gasket Techniques

To: spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Gasket Techniques
From: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@icx.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 08:19:18 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I am sitting here browsing through my sanitary copy of the
Haynes manual (I have two manuals for some reason), and
realized I am having a hard time finding my place because I
don't recognize any of the pages without all the familiar
greasy fingerprints.  I can actually READ this one!  :-)

Anyway,  I am ready to start putting the engine back
together, and am all the way to the first gasket.  It's been
6 years since my first (and only) rebuild and need a
refresher course on the proper way to use gasket sealant.  I
have heard everything from "don't use any" to "use it
liberally."  Does anybody have any rules of thumb for me?  I
got that Permatex stuff in the blue tube.  And it also
appears that you only do one side of the joint with
sealant...does it matter which?  Thanks!

adrian

--
J. Adrian Barnes

icq:  5121878