Re: BugEye Bonnet

To: "YourName" <jburruso@pacbell.net>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: BugEye Bonnet
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 13:40:02 +1000
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Well, I have yet to see a good fitting fibreglass bonnet for the
bugeye. they may exist, but they have eluded me.

I bought mine from Mini Mania. It has a reasonable exterior finish
although it is pretty wobbly and required a lot of work and bondo
to make it smooth enough for a nice paint finish. Th big problem
was fit. It seems a little low at the front (in the area between the
headlight bowls) and the side 'wings' or quarter panels stick out
about 4" on either side and are a little too shallow (leaving a gap
between the bonnet and the sills (rockers). The top section
around the scuttle was too flat. It doesn't come with any radiator
shrouding, so you should plan do do something about that too.

MM is not alone, the local ones have problems of similar magnitude.

If you do go for a f/glass bonnet, be prepared to spend lots of hours
on finish and fitting and be prepared for a less than perfect fit.

Mike