Odd alternator wireing?

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Odd alternator wireing?
From: Joerger <joerger@open.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 22:24:22 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
More on the charge system problem:  My alternator has
three connectors, although the Haynes diagram shows only
two.  One is a normal size spade connector, to which
is connected the wire from the ignition warning lamp
(energizer circuit?).  The other two are large spade
connectors.  My multimeter shows that these two
larger connectors are not electrically equivalent.

Does it matter which connector goes out to the system?
What is the other one for?  Thru the alternator vent
holes, I can see that one connector has a red wire
attached internally.  The other has a white wire.

I'm lost here... and my battery is dead.

        - Mark Joerger
          Westfield Eleven
          (ex. 1973 Midget)