Re: Tires ... etc ! (leaking rear wheel hubs)

To: "Chuck Ciaffone" <chuckc@ibm.net>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Tires ... etc ! (leaking rear wheel hubs)
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 11:00:12 +1000
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Probably the hub seal, but could be a sign of wear on the
bearing seat on the banjo or a chronically worn hub. Unless you can
really easily pull out the bearing from the hub, I'd replace the seal first.

If there still is a problem, try using Loctite's "Retaining Compound"
on the bearing seats (both in the hub and on the banjo). t is available
in medium and high strength. Medium strength should be adequate
for street use. If the hub is badly worn, try and find another hub or use
the high strength compound until you find one.

If the problem still doesn't go away, you can use an
speedi-sleeve to repair the banjo. It is an easy home job and
doesn't cost much at all.

Mike