Re: Baking parts (was:: Tires)

To: GMari58175@aol.com
Subject: Re: Baking parts (was:: Tires)
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 09:01:02 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
OK OK, I called one outfit once and they had a pretty high minimum order.
I should try again.  Powder coating sounds like the right thing for wheels
and if you say that it masks imperfections, I'll try it...
Doing it the way I described earlier is a lot of work and the good primers
and paints from the auto paint store added up $$ anyway.

Ulix

On Fri, 19 Jun 1998 GMari58175@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 98-06-19 01:31:47 EDT, ulix@u.washington.edu writes:
>
> << Are you telling me that this baked engine paint can save me all this
>  work?!
>  Could you give instructions on the baking (temp and time) and how bad does
>  it smell?
>   >>

> You guys are nuts!   Why go through all that time trouble and money.  For
> about $20.00 per wheel have them professionally powder coated.  The stuff is
> tough as nails and it covers pretty thick so as to mask any imperfectings .
> have done tons of wheels this way and always pleased.  before anyone asks I
> use Boyko Inc., in Newark, NJ.  Crappy area of a crappy city but boy can they
> powder coat.
>
> george marinos
> sprite MKII  AN6
> glen rock, nj