Shock Arm Retaining Bolt

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Shock Arm Retaining Bolt
From: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 17:26:09 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In putting the upper trunion bushes in the passenger's side today I found
that the shock lever arm retaining bolt is stripped...the inside of the
hole looks bad as well.  I tryed putting in another bolt but it wouldn't
take either so I imagine it is the threads of the hole.

Anyone know what size threads those are and can I use a tap to do it?
Looks like about a 5/16" x 24.  Am I close?

Thanks,  back out to put the other spring on and wheel the car into the
garage.

Philip