Re: Bead Blasting etc.

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Bead Blasting etc.
From: d0m6803@acs.tamu.edu
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 23:33:11 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Dear Group,

        I have a Bugeye with rusted lower panels and a poorly primered upper
body. The inside of the bonnet has a lot of surface rust.
        I have looked for a shop to strip it and have run into many idiots.
I have the car completly stripped and ready to go (central Texas).
        I wanted any recommendations on avoiding sand blasting with other
medias. Is there a product I could use to chemically do the same (with
patients and high attention paid to rinsing, etc,?). I have heard the
warnings on ruining a new paint job, but It will sit in primer for some
time... I am at a loss, and do not want the car to get further damaged by
idiots. If there is equipment I could rent and do the job myself, I would
also consider that. I am in a smaller town with only a handfull of people
who will do this type of work, and none seam very consearned with quality.
Please lend me any advice.
        I also heard of a tool for removing the spot welds of the old
panels. Are any of you familier with the tools/procedures involved with
removing sills, rocker, trunk floor/ floors? I would like to remove the old
pieces myself if it is possible to do it well.  Please Let me know if you
can help.

                                                                Dave Meduna
David Meduna
College of Veterinary Medicine