voodoo

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: voodoo
From: Shawn.Tobin@aud.alcatel.com (Shawn J. Tobin)
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 98 09:00:00 CDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I used to think that throwing a kluge of performance parts together would
result in a really wicked ride.  This kind of thinking was due to a vivid
imagination and the naive assumption that advertising claims were
guaranteed to be true because the government kept them to their word.

Anyway...

Anymore I find myself trying to resist any temptation to modify a vehicle
from its original design.  I just don't seem to get the results I expect.
Why?  I don't have a rolling road setup with mixture sensing devices.
I don't have the right instruments to measure the performance gains and
losses so I can properly dial-in whatever doohickey I'm trying to install.

I'd love to put together a giant-killer spridget but after spending so much
effort getting my car to good "standard" shape, I can't imagine the amount of
work it would take to get a heavily modified car right.  Again, I just don't
have the equipment to make the measurements.  I don't know where I could find
a likely facility in my area either.

Sanely,

Shawn