Re: Wanted: split gauge

To: Curtis Carlson <carlson@navtech.com>
Subject: Re: Wanted: split gauge
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 21:08:42 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Curtis Carlson wrote:

> Fellow Spridgeteers!
>
> A while back, I read an article in British Car magazine about adding some
> supplemental gauges to our LBC's.  I think it was called: "What Lucas doesn't
> tell you".  It described how to add an ammeter, voltmeter, and clock to a big
> Healey.
>
> I'd like to do this to my Sprite, but don't want to cut a hole in my dash, or
> add one of those ugly under-dash engine mounts.  I figure I have room for one
> hole in my radio console on the tranny tunnel.
>
> Does anyone know of anyone who makes a combination (split) gauge similar to
>the
> oil pressure/water temperature gauge, but shows amps/volts.  One of those
>would
> be pretty helpful, and if I could find a black face, it would complement the
> rest of my gauges nicely.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Curt 'n Gert

Curt

I have a Smiths volt gauge on one side of the console and a VDO clock on
the other side. I used to have a Smiths clock (old Jag) but it let out
it's smoke and quit. The volt gauge is standard TR6 or available new
from Nisonger or Mini City.

Good luck
Frank

--
Frank Clarici                         Toms River, NJ
Too many LBCs