Fuel Lines

To: Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fuel Lines
From: GuyWeller@aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 17:41:55 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Can someone give some advice on puttting together a new fuel line system on a
1971 Sprite
The PO had dismantled this car so I have very little to go on.
I have a new petrol tank fitted (with fuel level sender unit) at one end of
the car and a set of carbs to go at the other end.  That is all, nothing in
between !

I have rebuilt the original electric fuel pump and tried it out pumping
parrafin; works OK.  It has a rubber sleave around the pump, but no bracket
for mounting.

I understand that it has to be fitted under the car, somewhere near the rear
shock mounting.

Can someone explain :
a) the route taken by the pipes;
b) the size of pipe to use;
c) material - copper? modern synthetic (fireproof?) plastic?
d) any thoughts about mounting the fuel pump in the engine bay where I can see
it and it won't get covered in road crud ?

All humane advice welcome !

Guy