RE: Riviera Blue

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Riviera Blue
From: dingram@tnet.net (Doug Ingram)
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 21:26:09 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In addition to Daniel's evidence, check Horler page 47, Dark Green paint
code GN12, which was replaced by Leaf Green from AN5/9927 in Jan 1959.
Seats, piping and floor coverings were also Green, while the hood was black.
I got my car as a work in progress, with the bodywork and paint complete. It
is a beautiful Triumph BRG, but I would have done the original Dark Green.

Doug Ingram
Victoria BC
1958 Bugeye
AN5L/636

>O.K George, I'm going to let you have it with both barrels.....  8 )
>
>Seriously, in the first year of bugeye production there did exist dark
green cars. Three ways to prove it:

>1. I have a BMHT certificate on my car that says "dark green".
>2. Some of the early advertising literature shows dark green bugeyes (in
color!)
>3. After stripping down my car (before sandblasting away the red paint), I
clearly found several hidden panels that still had the original dark green
paint on them. I have a few pieces of it hanging on the wall of my garage,
planning to use it for color matching. It is a very dark green, tending more
towards dark bottle green than British Racing Green.