RE: Perplexing sprite problems

To: "'shk'" <shk@qnet.com>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Perplexing sprite problems
From: Jeff Zurschmeide <jzurschm@etec.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 09:35:24 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I seem to be prolific this week - oh well, if you all get tired of it,
just drop me a note to shut up...

> #1 (difficult)  The drivetrain has a very noticeable vibration at
> around 3000-3200 RPM.  You can feel it strongest in the shift lever.
> If you hold these revs then usually it increases in intensity.
        [Jeff Zurschmeide]  I'd check the transmission mounts and
        motor mounts.

> #2  (easy but annoying)  The joint where the exhaust pipe meets the
> exhaust manifold has given me no end of problems.
        [Jeff Zurschmeide]  Header. J.C. Whitney carries 3->1 spridget
        headers for cheap. (Like $70, as I recall from a few years
back.)

        Speaking of which, I discovered that I crimped my J.C. Whitney
3->1
        at the collector taking the old girl off the trailer after the
race Sunday
        night. (low car, tall trailer, you get the idea) and so I'm in
the market
        for an LCB. Anyone got one gathering dust that you want to UPS
        me for a reasonable price so I don't have to sell the daughter
for
        medical experiments to pay the good folks at Mini Mania?

        Also, since my Weber was borrowed for the weekend, I need to
purchase
        a SHORT (3.75") 45DCOE-to-spridget manifold. Anyone got one they

        want to unload?

        Always trying to save money,

        JZ