Re: music in a Sprite (64-on)

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, "Evangelos G. Makris" <emakris@hol.gr>
Subject: Re: music in a Sprite (64-on)
From: cfiddes@direct.ca
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 13:55:01 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <cfiddes@direct.ca>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Evangelos,

As someone else suggested, I have also used a spacer between the
console and bulkhead to provide the additional space needed to
install a modern stereo.

I found that angling the console upward slightly (maybe 20 degrees)
made inserting and removing CD's much easier as it provides a little
more clearance from the gear shift.

As for speakers I was concerned about installing speakers of any
value into the bulkhead.  I didn't want to destroy the bulkhead or
risk losing the speakers to thieves. I was also concerned that with
my folding top down, that the speakers would be covered.

 I decided to build a custom speaker box.  I have two 6x9's in a custom
box built of plywood and spray painted black.  I ran speaker wire under
 the carpeting to the shelf behind the seats.  The speakers connect
with  four RCA plugs at the speaker box.

When I park the car, I simply throw the speakers in the
boot and stop worrying.

Good Luck.

Chris.
'75 Midget