Sprite carb Questions

To: Sprite List <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Sprite carb Questions
From: Tim Jones <Tjones@africon.co.za>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 11:38:29 +0200
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi all

Couple of questions to do with SU carbs for 1960 sprite (900 odd cc
engine):

1.      How do I tell what size carbs they are 1-1/8" or 1-1/4" ?
        reason I ask is one of them has a brass top - other black
plastic

2.      I have petrol dripping out round the bottom of the carbs -
washers seem a bit stuffed - will carb kit have all the replacement
washers to hopefully solve this dripping - (normally only when engine
has stopped running)

3.      There is a strange arrangement previous owner rigged which has
the choke acting on one of the carbs only - with the choke      out, car
idles and runs beutifully - with choke off there is a definate
hesitation between 2000 & 3000 rpm - am I correct in    saying it could
be the mixture on this carb is too lean ?

Thank in Advance

Tim
'60 Sprite