Re: Green Engine Paint

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Green Engine Paint
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 08:28:06 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Frank,
"Orig. S&M" agrees with you, that 12CC engines were painted olive green.
My 67 is a fairly late one with backup lights so they must have changed
over during 67.  My engine number is 12cc70...

Does anyone know HOW close Hammerite is to the Healey green?  I am
thinking it might be more durable...

Ulix

On Mon, 24 Aug 1998, Frank Clarici wrote:

> Wm. Severin Thompson wrote:
>

> > I'm not sure about that... the 11,000 mile original pale yellow Sprite that
> > Mike Flaws sold to that woman out east was a '67, and did not have the
> > Morris green, but the lighter metallic. Frank... do you know which car I'm
> > referring to?
> >
> > WST
>

> I stand SEMI corrected.
> Yes I know the car and yes it has a pale (Healey) green engine.
> But I had a 67 Sprite (bought by my old man in 69) and it was Morris
> green, also 2 recently acquired 67, 12cc engines were both Morris green.
> So the color must have changed sometime in 1967. I know that 68 and 69
> were metalic green and then sometime in 1970 they went to black.
>
> I also learned something today, the 1st style Rostyle wheels with the
> square holes which I thought were unique to 1970 models only did infact
> last until 2/71!
>
> 26 years of Spridgets and still learning!
> Frank

                                                           '67 Sprite