Re: Dead Ribcase

To: "Fred Krampits" <fred@hprrc725.rose.hp.com>
Subject: Re: Dead Ribcase
From: "Larry and Sandi Miller" <millerls@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 14:45:46 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
That was me. The 5-speed will definitely not work with the rear main seal,
at least on the 948. Rivergate seemed to think it would work with a seal on
the 1275 but I don't see how. I decided that I would rather have the 5-speed
than the seal so I removed the seal. The first time I assembled the engine
the rear main leaked so I installed the seal and it stopped the leak. When I
removed the seal to install the 5-speed, I disassembled the low end and
reassembled it and now it does not leak without the seal.

Larry