Re: Changing from 4.22 to 3.909 diff

To: Bkitterer@aol.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Changing from 4.22 to 3.909 diff
From: ric_bergstrom@juno.com
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 08:52:55 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I'd like one of those 4.2's you are pulling out.  I'll swap you a 3.9 (I
have 2).  Anybody close enough to virginia to make it worthwhile?  The
probably aren't all that much to ship as they are small...how much does
one weigh?

On Fri, 1 Jan 1999 03:01:16 EST Bkitterer@aol.com writes:
>Martyn,
>
>We changed ours several months ago and while not a dramatic difference
>we are
>pleased with the results.  A tad slower getting away but the few
>hundred rpm
>drop at seventy is nice.  We have a stock 1275 and  it is strong
>enough to
>handle the loads at the lower rpm.  Agree with Peter that the speedo
>is off by
>7 percent.
>
>Bob and Annice
>1960 Sprite

Richard L. Bergstrom, President, Central Virginia British Car Club,
Richmond, VA
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~http://www.centralvamg.com/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HEAR YE! HEAR YE!  The MG club is no more.  We now welcome with open arms

   all forms of automobile from the British Isles.  If you love Brit cars
and live within
      100 miles of Richmond Virginia you should join us!      Email me
for INFO!