Re: Rear axle/hub nut size?

To: JustBrits@aol.com, chuckc@ibm.net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Rear axle/hub nut size?
From: LRuggi2635@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 10:02:53 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 12/31/98 1:09:48 PM Central Standard Time, chuckc@ibm.net
writes:

<<
 Help!

 Anybody know the socket size for the rear axle
 nut (the BIG one) on a 72 Midget. I want to
 replace the rear wheel bearings, and I hate the
 thought of drifting it off with hammer and chisel.

Ah, another *Expert* without answers rears the 'ugly head'!!

Happy New Year

        Ed

I'm in the process of "doing it right" courtesy of some of the help I've
recently received here.  As a result, the socket size is 1 7/8 inch-- don't
forget to drift back the lock tab that's surely snugged up against one of the
flats.  Then a properly sized puller should do the trick.

Larry

'72 MGB
'65 Spridget