Re: subscribers

To: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: subscribers
From: "j kleemeyer" <jkk@adams.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 23:35:22 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Guilty as charged your honor, but I can explain, really! I just found the
html/plain text thing out. My 65 Sprite is on a rotisserie out in the garage
(thanks for the idea, Phsyco Dad). I bought it a couple of years ago for
$200 from a recently divorced woman whose ex had started to fix it up.It
hadn't run or been registered since 76.  It was pretty solid, only rust is
in lh hinge pillar and where some genius left a battery sitting on the hood.
After tinkering around with it for a while, redoing carb rebuild,mostly, it
ran like a champ. Great! I proceeded to change oil, and while laying there I
decided to change trans oil, too. Thats when the trouble started. Along with
the trans oil out came a couple of counter shaft teeth. Well that really
grabbed me by the short ones, so I left it sitting until recently I found
this list and decided to go ahead and do the whole restoration thing. I'm
not new to LBCs (67, 68, 72 MGB's) just spridgets! Oh yeah, I've had this
weird British car disease for a long time now!  Jim Kleemeyer (here in
western Illinois where we got 14" of snow and it was 15 BELOW zero this
morn)