Gift Car

To: spridgets@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Gift Car
From: richard.arnold@juno.com (Richard D Arnold)
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 05:45:31 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Well, I am just amazed at the amount of support on the list for this
project!  Kinda gives me a warm fuzzy feeling all over....  Having said
that, however, I note the questions about whether or not a "basket case"
should be purchased.

My $0.02:

If the car is truly a basket case and can be purchased for much less than
the $800.00, then I would say to go ahead and do it.  A good supply of
parts is a blessing....

But, if it as a basket case and the price can not be negotiated downward,
then I would not purchase it.  Even though individual exposure would be
little (approximately $10.00 in most cases), every purchase of an LBC at
beyond market value for condition will over inflate the good examples of
vehicles in the future.   I would respectfully suggest that in these
cases one should not encourage the delusions of the DPO.

Rich
Council Bluffs, Iowa, USA

'74.5 RB MGB "Miss Maggie"
'78 Chevy Half-Ton "Waltzin' Matilda"  (LBC Support Vehicle)
'79 Midget "Miss Molly"

richard.arnold@juno.com  or  rdarnold@neonramp.com