Re: Roadster vs Convertible terminology

To: Ajhsys@aol.com
Subject: Re: Roadster vs Convertible terminology
From: Swift Justice <samesq@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 11:14:32 -0800
Cc: samesq@pacbell.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net

Ajhsys@aol.com wrote:

> Okay Steve, then where does the term "drophead" fit in?

 I've most often heard the term "drophead coupe" in reference to Jaguars.
My best guess is that it refers to a coupe that was made into a convertible
by the factory. (a drop head)  I don't know if our bretheren across the pond
use the same definition of a coupe as the ASE does, which, as I mentioned,
is a specified volume of cubic feet behind the front seats (I can never
remember that darn number)  This area can include a back seat, as long as it
stays within the volume restriction. Hence the Jaguar e-type coupes, and
more modern examples being the Subaru XT coupe and the Hyundai Scoupe, which
incidentally have a back seat or "parcel shelf" depending on your trim
level.

Steve.