Re: Front Wheel Bearings - again!

To: chuckc@ibm.net
Subject: Re: Front Wheel Bearings - again!
From: pasgeirsson@juno.com (Paul A Asgeirsson)
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 11:25:48 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Once again the spacers show up as being quite useless!

With the spacers in place it's pretty hard to get an accurate adjustment.
 There should be no play in the bearings.  A slight drag is acceptable
with all new parts.  Try backing off 1/2 flat and see what it feels like.
 You should have cotter holes in the spindle at 90 degrees from each
other to get this 1/2 flat adjustment.

Paul
Morriservice
PAsgeirsson@juno.com