carpets, gear oil, datsun 5 speed, etc

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: carpets, gear oil, datsun 5 speed, etc
From: Christopher Palmer <ctp@gbn.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 11:05:19 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hey all,

Here's a good one for you.

My car was parked pointing uphill for several months while working on the
new house, and trying to help deliver a baby (you know, trivial stuff) and
the oil ran out of the back of the tranny!  It wouldn't be so bad if it
just filled up my trans tunnel...but it seeped into the carpets behind the
seats...YUCK!!

So I guess I will park pointing downhill until I get a chance to pull the
tranny out and replace that seal.

Sheesh...my wife was in the garage and told our 4 month old, "well baby,
someday that car will work right"...thanks a lot dear!

CTP