Re: In Line gas filter

To: "Noel, William M" <noel@BATTELLE.ORG>
Subject: Re: In Line gas filter
From: Michael Dietsche <mdietsche@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 11:10:28 -0800 (PST)
Cc: MG List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I put filters in both places on a 1500 Midget.  The metal line from
the gas tank terminates under the hood and is connected to the fuel
pump with hose.  Cut the hose and splice in a filter there with hose
clamps.  I put another smaller filter on the pressure side of the fuel
pump....the metal line from pump to carb was missing so I just spliced
a small filter and pressure regulator into hose and attached with
ordinary hose clamps.  The bigger filter catches debris from the tank
before it hits the pump; the smaller one was just for insurance.  If I
was just putting in one I'd put it between tank and fuel pump.  I
think I remember the fuel hose to be 5/16 on my car.

MD