Re: Bugeye steering wheel

To: "Carlson, Rob" <rcarlson@csw.com>
Subject: Re: Bugeye steering wheel
From: Rick Kaplan <rkaplan@us.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 16:55:19 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net

"Carlson, Rob" wrote:

>         There is a bushing that fits just underneath the steering wheel. Two
> questions re this bushing: a) what is it made of and b) does the addition of
> this bushing force the steering wheel to set further out?
>
>         I ask this because I am trying to figure out why my horn brush does
> not fit into the hole in the steering wheel. It appears to be to long -- but
> if there's a bushing that is missing which may cause the wheel to set out
> 3/8" or so -- then the brush would probably fit.

Rob:

As far as I know there is no bushing behind the steering wheel.  There is the
plastic piece that holds the contact ring, then the wheel, then a keyed washer.
I think where the splines end on the steering column shaft should locate the
wheel correctly.

You could cut the brush down I suppose.

Rick