NO MG's but some great British cars and really cool! INTO THE RED

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, ebgraham@erols.com, rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu, bdwestjr@aol.com, bmcohr@mail.wm.edu, bryanwalke@aol.com, prestop@erols.com, cvmga@aol.com, jalessio@mnsinc.com, jpayne@electricpix.com, jsuther@titan.vcu.edu, kaattari@vims.edu, lrsmg@aol.com, mga-tr6@juno.com, robert_b._green@vapower.com, Spritee@erols.com, wolfman@shellbox.com, ws_1@compuserve.com
Subject: NO MG's but some great British cars and really cool! INTO THE RED
From: ric_bergstrom@juno.com
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 13:26:07 -0500
Cc: info@motorbooks.co.uk
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I just had to share this with my car friends.

Got one of my Christmas presents today.  AMAZING!  SIgned copies are 20
pounds sterling + shipping (less than $50.00 US)

Nick Mason (of vintage racing fame, used to drum for a little band called
Pink Floyd) wrote up a book with pretty pictures about driving his cars.
Great descriptions of how they drive and feel and sound.  The best part
is how they sound........

IF you order it from England (I used www.motorbooks.co.uk) it comes with
a CD.  Each car is recorded from start up, a flying pass down Doningtons
Hangar straight and usually some incar audio.

If you love old race cars you HAVE to get this book.  The audio of the
V16 BRM taking two laps of Donington is haunting...echoing off the stands
as it goes round then building in a crescendo of sound as it rips by you.

Here are the cars (an * marks those with CD tracks)

*1901 Panhard DB1
*1927 Bugatti T35B
*1931 Alfa Romeo 8C 2300
 1935 Aston Martin Ulster
*1936 ERA B typa
 1949 Frazer Nash Le Mans rep
*1953 BRM v16  Mk2
*1955 Jaguar D-type
*1957 Maserati 250f
 1959 Maserati t61  Birdcage
*1961 Lotus 18
*1962 Ferrari 250 GTO  (Nick Mason says he used it to take the kids to
school in the snow wehn the modern cars wouldn't start!)
*1970 Ferrari 512s
*1972 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona
*1978 935 K3
*1978 Ferrrari 312 T3 F1 car
*1979 Ferrari 512 BBLM
*1979 Lola T297
*1983 Tyrell 011  Benetton F1 car
 1989 Ferrari F40
*1990 Porsche 962

Later!

Richard L. Bergstrom, President, Central Virginia British Car Club,
Richmond, VA
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~http://www.centralvamg.com/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HEAR YE! HEAR YE!  The MG club is no more.  We now are the Central VA
British
           Car Club and welcome all forms of automobile from the British
Isles.
 If you live within 100 miles of Richmond you should join us!   Email me
for INFO!