Midgets and Mechanics

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Midgets and Mechanics
From: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@icx.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 07:52:21 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
My 1500 tranny has, after I pulled and reinstalled it, developed several
leaks.  Since I don't trust myself enough when it comes to leak repairs,
especially because the transmission is such a pain to get to after it is
installed, I wanted to take it back out and to a mechanic that I know
who does work for me that I don't want to do.  Anyway, he wouldn't touch
it.  Recommended somebody else, and this is a place I have been to who
had a Lotus Europa sitting in his shop at one time.  The guy told me he
has invested too much money in hi-tech equipment to work on my old
transmission.  I just thought it was kind of funny.  Anybody else ever
get a response like that?

adrian