midget trans mechanic

To: "bugeye" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: midget trans mechanic
From: "Steve,Laurie & Eric Day" <twodays@televar.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 05:08:52 -0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Adrian told us about the grouchy trans mechanic,since my job puts me in
daily contact with repair shops, perhaps this view might help.
Repairing todays computer controlled cars is a lot different  than repairing
our LBC`s. Not easier, but different to be sure. It requires a different
investment in time , equiptment and technitions to work on the cars of the
90`s. We don`t have computors, air bags, antilock brakes or ride sensors,
they don`t have laycock overdrives, king pins, knee action shocks or tach
drive generators.
The shop you ran into has obviously chosen the cars of the 90`s, and put
their time and money in that direction. He`s laid out the cash for the
specialized tools and testers, hired and trained his tech`s and moved away
from LBC`s. He may not even know what a gudeon pin or spigot bush is
anymore, if he did before.
With this in mind, he knows it would be unprofitable for him,  and unfair to
you to work on your trans. and bill you for the time it would take his tech
to do an unfamiliar job, with questionable results, AND have to give you a
warranty, when you could get the job done quicker, (less $ ) and better in a
shop that specialized in LBC`s.
He certainly should`ve done a better job informing you, but maybe this might
be one explanation.