Re: Real Magnesium Rims for a Sprite/Midget

To: Scott & Glenda Meyers <autox@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Real Magnesium Rims for a Sprite/Midget
From: Daniel Thompson <dthompso@total.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 21:47:11 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Scott & Glenda Meyers wrote:

> I have a 1960 Bugeye with 1275 that I purchased from someone who
> vintage raced. This car has been in Arizona for many years (i.e.,
> 'what's rust?'), and I know some of the previous owners and some
> of it's history. It has been a mild racer for most of it's life
> (not a full blown race car, more vintage and hobby).
>
> I find that it has *real* 8 spoke magnesium rims. I have been
> told that these are somewhat rare, and that some folks would
> value these highly.
>
> I do not need them for my purposes. I need 8" to 9" rims for
> serious autocross, and these 13x5's are less than useful for what
> I want to do (or are they 5.5"?).
>
> So.....is there anyone out there that:
>
> A) Can tell me what they are really worth
>
> and
>
> B) If they are interested in the set of four.
>
> They are in perfect condition, with no blemishes or nicks. Black
> center with unpolished outer rim.
>
> Any information and offers gratefully accepted.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott Meyers
> Pretty darn fast on these 5" rims......   :-)

Sounds like you have a set of American Racing Eagles. I also have a set
as does Peter Samaroo. They look kind of like minilights but the
"spokes" are not as curved and they don't go all the way to the center
hub but rather join the rim around it (I can eamil you a picture if you
are not sure!).

Anyway, if they really are mint, they are worth about $200 to $250 each.

Daniel T.