On To The Next Problem

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: On To The Next Problem
From: "Larry & Sandi Miller" <millerls@ado13.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 13:42:22 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Put the !$%%& Glass bonnet on today for the first time with a engine in the
car. The damn thing slopes too much. I have a Weber  DGV and the bonnet hits
the air cleaner and will not close all the way. The stock Bugeye bonnet
clears the cleaner by about 1/2 inch.

The air cleaner I have is the rectangular one that measures 6 3/4 by 4 1/2
and is 1 7/8 inch tall. My question is this: Does anyone have a DGV with a
LONGFLO air cleaner? If yes, can you tell me how thick it is in the center?

The LONGFLO is rounded instead of square at the top and might give enough
clearance, at least to let the bonnet close a little more.

Don't know if a change of air cleaner  would help or not. Might have to go
back to SU's

Larry Miller