Re: Gas tank question

To: Biff Jones <biffjones@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Gas tank question
From: Mike Maclean <macleans@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 12:01:31 -0800
Cc: spidgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Biff,
The reason that the arrow shaped fitting is "all messed up" is because I
don't think your going to be able to find another one.  The last DPO
messed it up removing the tank and tried to save it.  Moss and VB sell
the sleeve type compression fitting for this application.  I can't
attest to how well this works.  When I made a new fuel line for my
Bugeye restoration, I cut off my fitting and carefully drilled out the
old tubing and rebrazed it on the new line.  You might try checking
around for someone who has an old fuel line to cut off this fitting for
you.  Maybe the Moss-VB compression fitting works.  Any other listers
run into this problem?
Mike-60 Sprite